Tuesday 22 January 2013

Adaptation: Colour Psychology in the Garden of Krishna and Yashodhara

After quite a successful presentation today, I got my mind in focus about the aesthetic of the environment that I am going to create.
The first thing I'm going to look into is the colour scheme. I have decided to look at the psychological meaning of colours and use the ones that fit with the story.

RED: Red is the colour of passion and desire.

ORANGE: The colour orange is the colour of social communication and optimism. From a negative colour meaning it is also a sign of pessimism and superficiality. 

YELLOW: The colour  yellow is the colour of the mind and the intellect.

GREEN: Green is the colour of  both self-reliance and possessiveness

BLUE: Blue is the colour of trust and peace. It can suggest loyalty and integrity as well as conservatism and frigidity.

PURPLE: Purple is the colour of the imagination. It can be creative and individual or immature and impractical.

TURQUOISE: The colour meaning of turquoise is to be impractical and idealistic.

PINK: The colour psychology of pink is unconditional love and nurturing. Pink can also be immature and silly.

These are the colours that I wish to use in the plants and even in the courtyard in the Rangoli patterns.
As East-Indian culture is full of colour and intricate patterns, I want this environment to be, as Phil said today, 'An attack on the senses'
I don't want to leave a single surface blank. I want there to be patterns even within the patterns xD

Information from: http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/meaning-of-colors.html

No comments:

Post a Comment